Alpha Brain is a product that has been manufactured by ONNIT Labs and has been founded by Aubrey Marcus. However, when it comes to the image, many people associate this stack of nootropics with Joe Rogan (a UFC announcer, podcaster, comedian, and actor). Many would ask themselves what does an actor has to do with brain supplements, but in truth, Joe Rogan was part of the Alpha Brain team for a significant number of years. Since he is so popular on the big screen, many people fail to see past him and look at the main manufacturer. The supplement is made in a laboratory that is GMP certified, with the formula being created in the USA. Still, if you look at the main ingredients, you will see that it follows a trend with other, much cheaper supplements.
So what is, exactly, Alpha Brain? On the product’s website, the testimonials say that Alpha Brain works by stimulating the neurotransmitters – working best if you combine it with coffee. I did read various comments from users outside the website, and while some people say that they felt no changes, others stated that the changes were incredible, and that they never felt more energized. I suppose it’s dependent on the resistance of your body. If you’ve been a user of nootropics for a long time, you may feel that the composition doesn’t necessarily do the trick.
Speaking about the composition; the company claims that Alpha Brain is made out of earth grown nutrients, which is why it is so good for both your body and mind. It will give you that natural boost without feeling that ‘crash’ feeling – it will all simply seem natural. Let’s take a look at the key ingredients that Joe Ronan advertises in Alpha Brain:
- Bacopa monnieri: We’re so used to this product at this point that we already know how good it is. Bacopa is part of the traditional medical system of India, the Ayurvedic medicine which is believed to promote memory enhancement and longevity (due to its richness in antioxidants and its adaptogenic properties).
- Cat’s Claw: One can find cat’s claw generally in the Amazon rainforest. The plant has been used for centuries for its immune boosting and antioxidant properties, making it one of traditional medicine’s favorite picks. Years of research also led to the creation of AC-11, which is actually an extract of cat’s claw.
- Huperzia Serrata: The extract pulled out of this plant is actually called Huperzine A, which is a natural acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. The acetylcholinesterase is responsible for the acetylcholine breakdown which in turn, improves the functions of the brain.
- Avena Sativa: Commonly known as oat straw, this plant improves the conditions caused by neurological exhaustion and stress, which are believed to lead to cognitive impairments.
These are the main ingredients, but there are also some other ingredients that aid Alpha Brain in its actions. While they may appear in lower quantities than the primary ones, they are definitely not any less important:
- L-Tyrosine: This is an amino acid which aids the body in producing a neurotransmitter called L-dopa.
- Pterostilbene: This antioxidant is generally found in blueberries, and its purpose is to help the body reduce stress levels by means of oxidation.
- Phosphatidylserine: This compound is a lipid that is found in abundance in the brain cell membrane, and it aids in the cognitive process as well.
- L-Theanine: Mostly revered for the dose of energy one gets after drinking a cup of green tea, L-theanine is the one that is best absorbed by the body through the GABA mechanism. It also helps maintain the balance between the other ingredients of the Alpha Brain Formula.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 is one of the busiest vitamins in the body, which is responsible for many of the biological reactions found within the organism. One of its main tasks is to help in the synthesis of the neurotransmitters and the amino acids.
The reason why Joe Rogan seems to like Alpha Brain so much is that he claims it fires up his brain. As a TV host and a comedian, he is always expected to talk smart, and he says that this product helps him form sentences much better when he is in front of the camera or the public. If you are a person like me that totally dislikes public speaking and turns into a machine that spouts gibberish, you can probably understand why he looked up to using nootropics. It makes you feel calm and confident in front of an audience.