Toxins that build up in the body can take a long time to clear out, especially if you are exposed to them regularly. The body has a system for metabolizing toxins and clearing them out, of course, but detox pills are designed to help speed up the process. People generally take detox pills in order to clear out THC and pass a drug test though you can also use them to just feel better overall, as they have a cleansing effect. To be clear, though, when you see detox pills saying that they clear out toxins they are generally referring to THC levels in urine analysis tests. There are many different types of detox pills, designed for rapid detoxes or detoxes over time and for actual removal of toxins or simply masking of the toxins. It can be hard to tell which detox pills will actually work and which won’t if you don’t know what you’re looking for.
Why Take Detox Pills?
- Remove toxins: The reason many people buy detox pills is to clear toxins like THC or nicotine out of their systems. This is done mainly so that they can test negative for these things in a urine drug test.
- Better diet: You generally have to follow a healthier diet while going through a detox process. Many detox pill kits recommend avoiding dairy and fatty or greasy foods. They also recommend lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in order to assist in clearing toxins out of your system.
- More hydration: Detox pill kits also require that you drink a lot of water in order to help flush things out of your system. In fact, the detox will not work if you aren’t urinating frequently throughout the detox as this is how you remove any toxins that were flushed out of your system.
- All-natural: The vast majority of detox pills are made with herbs, vitamins, and minerals. Unless you are allergic to one of the herbs, they are generally completely safe for human consumption and pose no health risks. The vitamins and minerals included are generally also good for your overall health.
- Kickstart quitting: Quitting smoking can be difficult and this is made even more difficult when toxins are left behind in your body. By flushing the byproducts of smoking out of your system, you can help yourself become healthier and hopefully get some help with quitting.
What to Look for in a Detox Pill
- Removal vs masking: Some detox pills are designed to actually help speed up your body’s natural toxin removal systems and actually flush the toxins out of your system. If you use these types of pills, you will test negative for THC and nicotine at any point after successfully using the pills (until you reintroduce the toxins, of course). Detox pills that say you have to take a urine test within a certain window only mask the toxins. If you don’t take your test within the window, you’ll have to start the detox over or risk coming up positive.
- Ingredients: Detox pills can contain vitamins, minerals, herbs, synthetic ingredients, fillers, all kinds of things. Be sure to read the ingredient list, especially if you have allergies to any herbs.
- Length of detox: You can buy detox pills for 3-day, 5-day, 10-day, and even longer lengths of time. There are also detox pills designed to be daily supplements. You will occasionally see detox pills that claim to work within 24-hours or less but be careful of those as they don’t always work for everyone.
- Preparation: Depending on which detox pills you are taking, you will need to do different things to prepare. Some require that you remain toxin free for 48+ hours before starting the detox. Others require you abstain from alcohol, nicotine, and fatty foods in addition to THC. Some may say you need to fast for a certain amount of time before starting the detox. Be sure to read the instructions carefully before you start the detox.
- Fasting: Again, some detox kits may require you fast before starting the detox. There are also detox kits that say you need to fast for a certain amount of time before and after each pill. Kits that come with detox liquids typically require fasting before and after the liquid as well. If fasting is involved, be realistic about what you can do. Some people are totally fine fasting for 6+ hours and others have a hard time make it more than 3 hours.
- Instructions: Follow the instructions carefully! Water intake, diet, exercise, what foods, drinks, and other substances you should avoid while detoxing, etc. should all be listed in the instructions. You need to follow the instructions as closely as possible. If you don’t, you risk still testing positive for toxins and wasting all the time and money you put into the detox.
- Toxicity levels: Some detox pills are designed for heavy users of THC (or nicotine) and others only work if you have light levels of toxins in your body. Be sure to check whatever product you buy to make sure it will work for you.
- Weight limits: Some detox pill kits have a recommended weight limit. Generally, if you are over the limit the company will suggest taking a different product that is formulated for heavier people or that you simply take twice the amount of detox pills.
The 5 Best Detox Pills
This 5-day detox is designed to cleanse your body of all toxins permanently, not just mask them. It assists your body’s natural cleansing system and helps speed up the process. The kit comes with four different types of pills: head start formula, morning formula, evening formula, and ice caps. These are designed for people who are under 200lbs, occasionally exposed to toxins, and who have not been exposed to toxins for at least 48 hours prior to beginning the detox.
- I felt really clear-headed and “light” after using this. I don’t know if that was because the toxins were cleared out but I definitely felt better.
- There is a number on the box you can call to speak with a cleansing coach. They will answer any questions you have, clear up any confusion, etc.
- Once you finish the cleanse and are able to test negative for toxins, you’ll remain toxin free unless you reintroduce them, a.k.a. you’ll be able to test negative for THC until you are exposed to it again.
- Inexpensive. The price is on the low end as far as detox pills go.
- Ineffective for people over 200lbs. If you are over 200lbs, you will have to get a different detox kit, though the same company does make them.
- You aren’t supposed to eat three hours before taking the pill or three hours after. That’s a long time to go without eating, though you can eat if you absolutely have to just avoid anything fatty or greasy.
- Is not always effective in 5 days, even if you follow the directions perfectly. You need to avoid toxins for longer than 48 hours for this to have effect. Some people have said it worked for them, but I was only able to get it to work after avoiding toxins for a few weeks.
- I experienced nausea and some stomach pain while taking this.
Toxin Rid is a three-part, 5-day detox. It is made of all natural, vegetarian ingredients and contains no fillers or synthetic ingredients. The kit includes 75 detox pills, detox liquid, and dietary fiber. It begins working in as fast as one hour. Even if you have been exposed to high levels of toxins or are regularly exposed, this detox kit is powerful enough to handle it.
- You don’t have to fast a whole lot while taking the pills. The only time you have to is with the second step, when you take the detox liquid after taking all your pills. Even that only requires two hours before the detox liquid and two hours after. You should avoid fatty and greasy food while doing this detox, though.
- Great customer service. If the product doesn’t end up working for you, you can return the product (even if it’s all used!) for a refund. The customer service agents will even offer advice on what to do next time (drink more water, do a longer detox, etc.)
- Works pretty well, even if you don’t follow all the directions exactly. Depending on the level of toxins, I’ve known people who still drink or smoke cigarettes occasionally while cleansing and still come back with tests negative for THC. I’d recommend following all the directions closely, though!
- Very expensive. This is definitely the most costly of all the detox pills on this list.
- The dietary fiber is gross, even if you mix it with juice. It’s helpful but definitely not at all appetizing.
- You’re going to spend a lot of time on the toilet while taking this. All detoxes are going to make you pee a lot but this one can cause diarrhea as well.
This cleansing formula is designed for daily maintenance as well as preparation. It is designed to be safe enough to take twice daily for as long as needed to remove toxins. This is an all-natural herbal supplement with herbs that help the body speed up its toxin removal process.
- These don’t have many side effects. I didn’t experience any stomach pain or digestive issues while taking the pills.
- You can take the pills for as long as you need. If you’re preparing for something a month down the road and need to rid your body of toxins, you can definitely take these twice a day for the whole month without any issues.
- They work really well! I used them for a couple of weeks, after abstaining from smoking for 48 hours before starting the cleanse, and I was successful in testing negative for any toxins.
- Because you can take them everyday, this helps with flushing toxins out of your system faster even while you’re still being exposed to them.
- The price is good, especially considering you get a whole month supply. You don’t have to spend a lot to get up to 30 days of detox time.
- Anyone can take these. They don’t have a weight limit or a toxicity limit.
- How long it takes to detox varies drastically from person to person. Metabolism, amount of toxins, etc. will make the time vary. Some people are cleared in as little as six days while others still test positive for toxins after 2-3 weeks. It really varies.
This instant clean kit contains three different capsules to help your body remove toxins. It has a blend of herbs, vitamins, and minerals that assist in toxin removal. The four factor system is designed to cleanse the circulatory, digestive, and urinary systems in order to not only detox but to help restore you to full health and have you feeling better than ever.
- Works well if you have low levels of toxins to begin with and it’s been at least 48 hours since you were last exposed to them.
- Can be used day of if you’re being tested for toxins. You just have to be sure to follow the instructions!
- I felt pretty good after completing the whole process.
- This isn’t the most expensive kit but I would say it’s far more than I’d like to spend for three pills.
- It says it cleanses the circulatory system but this does NOT necessarily mean that blood tests will show up negative for toxins, even if urine tests do show up negative.
- You have to drink an almost excessive amount of water as per the instructions. You’ll be peeing a lot.
- You need to follow the instructions perfectly or else it won’t work.
- You have to fast for five hours before starting the pills.
This rapid detox is designed to quickly cleanse your body of toxins. The five pill system is filled with all-natural herbs, vitamins, and minerals that assist your body in clearing out toxins, at a much faster than normal pace. You can use these to detox in only a few hours, even if it hasn’t been more than a day since your last exposure to toxins.
- No weight limit. The company does recommend that if you are on the heavier side and don’t test negative for toxins after taking one bottle that a second bottle should be used. This isn’t always necessary, though.
- The package claims this takes about 1-1 ½ hours to take effect and some people have definitely had it work that quickly. I didn’t smoke for 48 hours and cleansed/drank a lot of water the whole time before taking the pills. They worked for me. Be cautious, but do know that they’ve definitely been effective for some people at rapid cleansing.
- As with some of the other detox kits, you need to fast and drink a whole lot of water. Luckily, this is designed to work in 48 hours or less so you won’t have to wait long.
- Results vary drastically from person to person. Some people cannot get it to work quickly even with following the instructions perfectly, while others are successful.
- Even if you do test negative for toxins, this can heavily dilute your urine and you may need to retest.
The clear winner for me is the Health Tech Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula. This isn’t a rapid or instant detox but it also doesn’t claim to be. I like that it didn’t cause any stomach upset, digestive issues, or diarrhea like some other detox pills can. This is more of a gentle cleanse and a good way to help your body flush out toxins you’re exposed to everyday. It did work for passing a urine drug test but it also just made me feel better overall while taking the pills. They are completely safe to take everyday and I would recommend it, even if you’re not preparing to take a drug test. Clearing out toxins after smoking is a great way to be more clear headed and healthier overall.
I would recommend these to anyone who smokes marijuana or cigarettes and wants to help rid their body of the byproducts these can leave behind in the body. You’re not going to get instant results but many products that claim they are instant can’t even do that! You can use these as your main way of detoxing, use them alongside another detox system, or just use them as an everyday supplement to maintain that added detox assistance they give. These are super affordable so I definitely recommend them to anyone, regardless of budget. If you want a detox pill that is gentle and effective and you don’t mind waiting weeks to experience a full detox, you should buy these pills.